Healthy for Adults & Fun for Kids
I love to make my own healthy snacks. I know exactly what ingredients are in them and I can modify the recipe to my liking.
Here is a good one if you need a healthy, tasty treat. I made these for my daughter, nieces and nephews so I added some sprinkles to make them fun for them.
Vanilla Cake Batter Energy Bar Recipe
- 1 cup sprouted brown rice crispies
- ½ cup oat flour (you can substitute some of the oat flour with vanilla protein powder in equal parts)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup nut butter of your choice (I used Cashew, the type you pick will change the flavor slightly)
- Dash of salt
- 4 tbsp raw honey
- *sprinkles on top if you feel fun
- Combine dry ingredients and stir well
- Combine wet ingredients and mix well
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and stir until evenly coated
- Line a 6×6 pan with wax paper and pour mixture in. Press it down hard.
- Refrigerate, cut and ENJOY
Share your favorites with us! Email recipes to firstname.lastname@example.org. I would love to try them out!
~ Sarah, RN @ Innovative Directions in Health