Sweet potatoes are very healthy foods.
They are high in vitamin A, vitamin B5, B6, thiamin, niacin, riboflavin, magnesium, and carotenoids. They are fat-free, a great source of dietary fiber have a low glycemic index, and have fewer calories than white potatoes. I eat these when I’m craving foods like nachos. Healthy Sweet Potato Skins Recipe:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake sweet potato 25-30 minutes until tender.
- When done take it out of oven. Cut in half the long way and scoop out half of the filling. Set filling aside.
- Sprinkle black beans and cheese on each half and melt in oven for 5 minutes.
- Take out and top with guacamole, salsa, salt, and pepper (or any other ingredients you like on sweet potatoes).
Enjoy! Sarah, RN @Innovative Directions in Health