One of my favorite things to snack on is Roasted Chickpeas!
I love to coat these delicious beans in different spices and roast them to a crunchy perfection. They lose all of their bean-y taste and remind me of crunchy nuts. I love to mix it up and roast them in different flavors depending upon if my craving is for something sweet or salty.
This yummy snack is high in protein and fiber and will also give you a boost of energy.
Get creative! Try flavors such as: Garlic Parmesan, Honey Cinnamon, Cinnamon-Sugar, Sesame Soy, Ranch, etc. My favorite is Sea Salt.
Roasted Chickpeas Recipe
– 1 can Chickpeas
– 1 tbsp Olive Oil
– Sea Salt, Pepper (or whatever seasonings you prefer)
– Preheat oven to 400 degrees
– Rinse, drain, and dry chickpeas until very dry patting with paper towels (or they will not get crunchy)
– Spread on pan and roll around in oil
– Bake on 400 on bottom rack for about 30 minutes. Take out and add seasoning. Let cool
– Return to oven for 15 to 30 minutes until crunchy. Turn frequently to prevent burning
– Turn oven off and open oven door and leave beans inside oven to cool down (they will be crunchier than cooling at room temp)
Store in air-tight bag or container. Keeps crunchy a few days.
Enjoy! Send me a message and let me know what your favorite combination is!
~ Sarah, RN @ Innovative Directions in Health