Hi, it’s Jill the nurse from Innovative Directions in Health.
I started taking bio-identical hormone therapy in March, 2015, just a few days after I started working at Innovative Directions in Health.
I couldn’t wait to get started and feel like myself again.
I have an update to report on my progress to everyone. First off, had I known about this sooner I would have been feeling better years ago!
Nine months later, my life has changed with these very noticeable changes:
- More energy! I love my warm bed but I am eager and ready to get up in the morning.
- Libido has definitely improved.
- I am no longer a hermit. I enjoy going out and seeing people again. Before I had my hormones replenished and balanced, with my low energy I became comfortable just staying home.
- My hair, nails and skin are growing, healthy and glowing again. Since I have been feeling better taking my hormones and supplements my changes haven’t just been internal. My entire body is benefiting!
- I have lost 20lbs and went down 2 sizes in clothing! I often hear from patients how different I look now from when I started working at IDH.
- My family (especially my mom) says that the twinkle is back in my eyes.
- My memory has really improved. I still forget where I leave my cheaters and often find 3 pairs on my head but there is much less fogginess.
- Sleep is awesome (this is the biggest change for me!!). I sleep hard and enter REM sleep. I know this because I dream like crazy every night.
- My mood is upbeat and my spunk is back! I used to feel a little bit depressed at times.
The greatest part of my job is seeing all of these great improvements in our patients!
I have also noticed that menopausal symptoms for both men and women are similar to those of other medical conditions and as men and women try to bring these to the attention of their family physicians, it is unfortunate that many are not trained to correctly diagnose and/or successfully treat hormone imbalances.
If you are experiencing symptoms of a hormonal imbalance (some common symptoms are listed below), seek out a qualified physician in hormone therapy that monitors blood levels and prescribes bio-identical hormones in natural ways or schedule a consultation with Dr. Sinda, he’ll work with you to help develop a plan to get you feeling like yourself again!
Common Symptoms of a hormone imbalance:
- Night sweats
- Hot flashes
- Loss of desire
- Anxiety/Panic attacks
- Weight gain around the midsection
- Memory problems
- Vaginal dryness
- Hair loss
- Loss of strength
Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions while you are on your journey to regain your sense of self. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jill, RN at Innovative Directions in Health
Birthdays Birthdays Birthdays! They just keep coming!
Yes…they keep coming and I just had a big one. 60!
For some reason, I just don’t think I am 60. Don’t we all think we are 30?
I remember so vividly being at Innovative Directions in Health’s open house last year, and a BEAUTIFUL lady came up to me to chat. Immediately, I was assessing her age (we all do it!) and guessed maybe young 50’s. I thought…wow..this lady is gorgeous with beautiful skin and hair, clear bright eyes (always a sign of good health!), and an overall a delightful happy person. I was wondering what supplements, facials or tricks she has for looking so great, so I asked! Well…she brightly lit up and said…I have been taking Bioidentical hormones for 18 years…and I am 65. I simply couldn’t believe it! All I could say was…no way no way are you 65! With that delightful news, I was so happy I was well on my way to looking like her since I was on the same plan.
I have been taking the bioidentical hormones for over a year and half. My energy is amazing, my eyes are clear, my skin and hair is healthy and strong, and that makes me a happy person. In fact..turning 60 was kind of fun!
What a gift I have been given by Dr. Sinda and staff. My goal is that when I turn 65, someone says…NO way NO way! Yay!!!
Click here for about Susie’s patient experience or make a consultation with Dr. Sinda, click here.
Fall is here in Minnesota!
The air is crisp and that gorgeous crystal clear blue sky takes our breath away every time. As the leaves start to change, I always look for new recipes to go with the season.
I have to share a fabulous recipe from my daughter’s blog Hometohomestead.com that you will love for the Fall season.
I am Nuts for these Nuts! They are easy to make, easy to grab on the go, and oh so healthy for our bodies.Great for gifts too!
Note: I like to buy the organic raw nuts at Trader joes and store them in the freezer til I am ready to make a batch or 2. They have the best prices I have found for organic and raw nuts.
The photo is courtesy of HometoHomestead.com
What a beautiful summer so far in Minnesota! Periwinkle blue skies, fluffy white clouds and summer energy in the air.
As you sit out on your deck thinking…what would be a crisp, cool crunchy snack that would go perfectly with my cool glass of Rose'…I have it for you!
Actually, my beautiful daughter Jenny came up with this recipe called " Endive Boats" for your enjoyment.
Just wait til you bite into these. They are crisp, savory, sweet, and just like Jenny…they just make you smile when you look at them.
And oh so healthy! This is perfection!
- 2-3 Organic Endive Bulbs, trim end and separate the leaves into little "boats"
- 1 Orange, use half for juice, the other half to segment slices
- 1/8 Cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- Herbed goat cheese (Will use about 1/4 cup or so)
- 1 tsp fresh chives, chopped
- Orange Balsamic Reduction
- 3 TBSP Orange Juice
- 1 TBSP Honey
- 1/4 cup Good Balsamic Vinegar
- Separate endive boats, smear inside of boat with herbed goat cheese, top with segments of orange, toasted walnuts and fresh chives.
- MEANWHILE COMBINE INGREDIENTS FOR THE ORANGE REDUCTION.
- Combine the ingredients and over stir over medium heat until reduced to a thick syrup like consistence (takes 7-10 minutes) drizzle over the top and serve.
- Use blue cheese instead of goat cheese, toasted pecans in pace of walnuts, drizzle honey instead of orange reduction.
Enjoy your safe healthy, body balanced summer!
I started working at Innovative Directions in Health March of 2015 and had never contemplated using hormones. My everyday life consisted of: hot flashes, weight gain (especially around my mid-section), low libido, brain fog, difficulty remembering things, insomnia.
All of these symptoms were annoying but I really noticed that “I just didn’t feel like me anymore”. I used to be fun and chatty and full of energy! Where did that go?? I realized after talking to Dr. Sinda and starting on Estrogen, Progesterone and Testosterone plus supplements used to support healthy aging (DHEA, vitamin D and Magnesium) that I was becoming the “fun” Jill again.
About 3 weeks after I started taking BioIdentical Hormones, I walked into the office and told Dr. Sinda “the fog has lifted!!” I am sleeping again, which has been a problem for around 15 years. Every night I used to lie awake, unable to shut off my thoughts and if I woke up during the night I would be awake for hours. Now, I rub the Estrogen cream on my arm, slip a Progesterone under my tongue, take my vitamin D and Magnesium supplements and within a half hour it is lights out. I sleep all night with absolutely no trouble falling asleep.
I am learning something new at work every day in which I can apply to my own life and help our patients with. I love working here and feel better than I have in a long time. I am even working out, which was a huge issue with me because I was always tired (mentally and physically). My friends and family comment on how my skin is glowing and my eyes are back to sparkling. I will continue to share more of my journey back to health with all of you. Please feel free to reach out to me anytime with any questions you may have to share your story. I am a great listener and am here to help.
Contact me at (952)922-2345 or Nurse@idinhealth.com
Happy 1st Birthday!
I can't believe my first little grandson will be 1 soon!
Where has the year gone? My daughter Katie has done everything she can think of to keep him healthy and growing strong. She was very lucky to be able to nurse him all the way through, and now his favorite treat in his highchair…. frozen bright green organic PEAS!
We are planning his First birthday party and discussing the cute little birthday cake we of course want him to dive into with all cameras flashing. As we think of that little body that has never tasted white flour, white processed sugar, and piles of white frosting we shudder just a little. I know what one piece of that does to me…sugar rush..heart beats a little faster..and then I crash! So…we began testing an alternative.
You won't believe this recipe from my amazing friend and Anna Gates. Do any of you remember that fabulous old cake recipe called Gooey butter cake? Well….this is even better! And it's good for you!! I even just baked it in a 9 x 13 pan and cut it up into squares and popped in the freezer for an anytime treat!
Little William will be so HAPPY….and so will MOM! And guess what…not one single guest will know the difference either! ENJOY!
ALMOND CAKE by Anna Gates
- 3/4 cup butter (I used Kerrygold pure Irish butter…amazing and worth going to get!)
- 1 cup zylitol
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour (must get the finely milled blanched almond flour..i order it on-line from Honeyville. Anything else will be too grainy and not cake-like)
- 1/2 cups coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond milk (find the best can..makes a difference!)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Cream together butter and zylitol until smooth
- Add in eggs, one at a time and beat until fully blended in
- Add almond milk and vanilla and mix combine
- In a separate bowl, combine flours, salt and baking powder
- Beat the dry ingredients into the wet and beat til creamy
- Spread into a 9 x 13 pan and bake at 350 for 30 minutes (my gas convection oven took only 22 minutes. I will make it in a layer cake for next!)
- Serve with fresh fruit and whipped cream
Or: Frost with this
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder sifted (I love the dutch cocoa powder from Penzies)
- 1 cup agave or honey
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
Combine all in a food processor or electric mixer and blend til smooth and creamy.