This hearty quinoa salad is perfect for a summer-time protein packed salad or meal.
It’s so easy to make. Try substituting with other fresh vegetables you find at the farmers market or a dressing of your choice.
Instructions: 1. Combine cooked quinoa, black beans, tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers in a bowl. 2. Pour dressing over quinoa; toss to coat. 3. Stir in cilantro; season with salt and black pepper to taste. 4. Serve immediately or chill in refrigerator. Salad Ingredients:
- 1 package frozen package of quinoa (Trader Jo’s) OR bring 1 cup quinoa and 2 cups water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender and water has been absorbed, 10 to 15 minutes. Set aside to cool
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup red, orange, yellow baby peppers
- ½ cup cut up cucumbers
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
Dressing: Whisk olive oil, lime juice, cumin, salt in bowl
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 limes – juiced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
Did you know that quinoa is a complete protein? It contains all nine of the essential amino acids, which cannot be made by the body and therefore must come from food. Also, about 1 cup of quinoa contains 8.14 grams of protein. Mmmmm Fresh! Enjoy! Share your summer-time favorite recipes with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.