Home Made Veggie Soup
This is a quick and easy recipe for a delicious hearty vegetable soup. Vegetables are an essential part of a healthy diet but also taste fantastic, especially when made into soup. This soup is very easy to make – even if you have never cooked. Stop by the farmers market to pick up your fresh veges. ENJOY! -Sarah, Nurse at Innovative Directions in Health Ingredients:
- 3 cups chopped carrots
- 3 cups chopped celery
- 1 16 oz. bag of frozen peas
- 1 6 oz. can of water chestnuts
- 1.5 cups of brown rice spiral noodles
- 2 large cartons of vegetable broth
- Seasoning of choice to taste (I used hot sauce, white pepper, cumin, garlic and salt)
Directions: Add carrots, celery, peas, water chestnuts and broth to pan and simmer for 45 minutes. Add brown rice noodles and simmer 5 more minutes.
We’ve teamed up again with the American Red Cross Blood Drive to Save Lives!
October 4 | 9 – 3pm
Join us for our 6th Blood Drive located in our building, the Edina Business Plaza on France Avenue in Edina.
Our goal is to collect 50 pints of blood.
This event is open to everyone – patients, family members, friends, etc! Please help us spread the word and join us on October 4th to donate blood and help us reach our goal!
Donating got easier with RapidPass!
RapidPass allows you to start the blood donation process from the comfort of your home or office and save time at the donation site. The process is simple, complete the interview questions online, then print your RapidPass and bring it with you or show it on your mobile device. Click here for more info!
Interesting Facts about Blood Needs:
- Patients can’t take a break from needing lifesaving blood. The need is constant!
- Every two seconds someone in the U.S. needs blood.
- Approximately 36,000 units of red blood cells are needed every day in the U.S.
- Nearly 7,000 units of platelets and 10,000 units of plasma are needed daily in the U.S.
- Nearly 21 million blood components are transfused each year in the U.S.
- The average red blood cell transfusion is approximately 3 pints.
- The blood type most often requested by hospitals is type O.
- The blood used in an emergency is already on the shelves before the event occurs.
- It is estimated that sickle cell disease affects 90,000 to 100,000 people in the U.S.
- The Red Cross has a unique responsibility to help ensure blood is available whenever and wherever it is needed.
- A need remains for donors with types O negative, A negative and B negative blood.
Please roll up a sleeve and donate with us! Your donation may help give hospital patients in need the chance to spend more time with loved ones.
Bellafill is the newest revolutionary dermal filler that grows your own collagen naturally replacing volume, treating smile lines, wrinkles and acne scars.
Jill Porter, RN is a bella Diamond injector. She is 1 of 30 providers across the Nation to achieve this elite status.
What does bella Diamond mean for you? It means Jill is a recognized Bellafill leader among physicians and other Bellafill providers. She performs significant volume of Bellafill treatments so has the experience to deliver beautiful, natural and long lasting results.
Jill is also a Bellafill Trainer and trains physicians as well as other injectors on the best placement of Bellafill to help to avoid complications and achieve optimal results.
Unique Collagen Filler with Immediate Results lasting for up to 5 Years
Bellafill is made up of 80% purified Bovine Collagen gel which gives immediate lifting and filling results and 20% PMMA microspheres which provides structural support for collagen growth and smoother-looking skin. The results can last up to 5 years.
Long Safety Record
The microspheres are made of polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA), a biocompatible material that has been used in medical implants for 65 years. Bellafill has been proven safe through 5 years in the largest and longest dermal filler study ever conducted.
FDA-Approved for Acne Scars
Acne scars are very difficult to treat. Bellafill stimulates collagen at the site of scars, filling them in. Small scars can also be released using our subcision technique. This helps free the root of the scar allowing the depressed area to be released. We often recommend combining the treatment with MicroNeedling to restore the skin’s texture from the inside and out.
Finally a Beautiful Option for Difficult Areas (under the eyes and lip lines)
One of the most difficult areas to treat is under the eyes and the vertical lip lines above the mouth. With Bellafill, we are able to inject in those areas and grow your own collagen. The results are smooth and natural! The new layer of collagen not only gives you volume but improves your skin tone, firmness and texture brightening complexion.
Discover the benefits of Bellafill, attend one of our informational sessions or call (952)922-2345 to schedule a consultation with Jill.
Innovative Directions in Health has achieved bella Diamond status, placing our clinic among the top 1% of Bellafill providers in the United States.
CELEBRATE with us as we receive our Elite bella Diamond Award at our Bellafill Transformations Open House
Wednesday, September 28 from 6 – 8pm | RSVP Below
Bellafill is a natural, 5 Year FDA approved wrinkle filler with results that last and actually improve over time. This filler corrects smile lines, wrinkles, acne scars, volume restoration and more.
Our Nurse, Jill Porter, attributes this award to her clients…
“Client satisfaction is what drives our clinic. I always strive to provide my clients with the best possible treatment option according to their needs. That’s why I love using Bellafill — it creates elegant, natural-looking results that our clients love. Clients look refreshed and not done. They love coming back for follow-up visits to show me their continued improvement and how their skin has changed with the new collagen.”
Learn about the longest lasting collagen infused filler ** Bellafill** and discover breakthrough technology in Regenica skincare.
- See Transformation Before and After Pictures
- Hear from our patient, Susie Ries, tell about her Bellafill treatment experience
- Meet the client who received Bellafill during the Twin Cities Live TV News interview
- Watch a LIVE Bellafill Treatment
- Enjoy Refreshments
- Take Advantage of Event Only Pricing
- Raffle! Win a Bellafill Treatment ($800 value), Regenica Skincare & More!!
- Dr. Sinda will also be at the event! This will be a great opportunity to meet him and to get some of your questions answered about bio-identical hormones and preventive medicine.
RSVP today to be entered to WIN a Bellafill Syringe!
Must be present to win.