Hello everyone! What a beautiful summer so far in Minnesota! Periwinkle blue skies, fluffy white clouds and summer energy in the air. As you sit out on your deck thinking…what would be a crisp, cool crunchy snack that would go perfectly with my cool glass of Rose'…I have it for you! Actually, my beautiful daughter Jenny came up with this recipe called " Endive Boats" for your enjoyment. Just wait til you bite into these. They are crisp, savory, sweet, and just like Jenny…they just make you smile when you look at them. And oh so healthy! This is perfection! ENDIVE BOATS (Click here to learn what Endive is)
- 2-3 Organic Endive Bulbs, trim end and separate the leaves into little "boats"
- 1 Orange, use half for juice, the other half to segment slices
- 1/8 Cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- Herbed goat cheese (Will use about 1/4 cup or so)
- 1 tsp fresh chives, chopped
- Orange Balsamic Reduction
- 3 TBSP Orange Juice
- 1 TBSP Honey
- 1/4 cup Good Balsamic Vinegar
- Separate endive boats, smear inside of boat with herbed goat cheese, top with segments of orange, toasted walnuts and fresh chives.
- MEANWHILE COMBINE INGREDIENTS FOR THE ORANGE REDUCTION.
- Combine the ingredients and over stir over medium heat until reduced to a thick syrup like consistence (takes 7-10 minutes) drizzle over the top and serve.
- Use blue cheese instead of goat cheese, toasted pecans in pace of walnuts, drizzle honey instead of orange reduction.
Enjoy your safe healthy, body balanced summer! Warmly, Susie Ries