Try this Friday Fit Tip!
How fun would this be to do with some girlfriends, your significant other or your kids!
You can modify it to work for you. You can do more or less of an exercise or swap in different exercises like squats, lunges, or jumping jacks! NO gym needed so HAVE FUN with it while you are sitting around! Other tips can be found here.
Here's an easy solution to help you switch gears after all of the holiday sweets and treats to get back to eating healthy!
I found myself craving peanut butter blossoms so I whipped up a batch of raw cookie dough protein bars. I even used some dark chocolate I got for a gift! I usually end up eating mine with a spoon right out of the container when I need a treat. You can feel good about eating these “treats” as they are high in protein and are free from processed sugar. Ingredients:
- 1 cup Almond Meal
- 1-2 scoops Cookie Dough Protein powder
- 1/2 cup nut butter (I used ¼ cup Almond butter and ¼ cup Cashew butter)
- 1/4 cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 square Intense Dark 72% Cacao Chiradelli Bite-Sized Bar or 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Combine Almond Meal, nut butter, syrup in food processor and blend until smooth
- Add in chocolate bar for an even consistency or stir in chips
- Transfer “dough” to another container
- Chill in fridge until cold
Give this healthy treat a try! Let us know the modifications you made to the recipe. There can be so many different combinations to try for example, use honey or agave instead of syrup, add in whole oats, use different kinds of nut butter, etc. Enjoy! Lisa @Innovative Directions in Health
Fitness is important during menopause to:
- Prevent weight gain. Women tend to lose muscle mass and gain abdominal fat around menopause.
- Reduce the risk of breast cancer.
- Strengthen your bones.
- Reduce the risk of other diseases.
- Boost your mood.
Try this Friday Fit-Tip over the weekend!
- 25 Jumping Jacks
- 20 Lunges
- 25 Squats
- 15 Push-Ups
- 25 Tricep Dips
More information about Menopausal weight gain can be found here. If you are unsure of how to do any of these exercises give us a call or email our nurse at email@example.com.