What do the numbers mean in a blood pressure reading?
Systolic is the top number (the higher of the two numbers). It measures the pressure in the arteries when the heart beats (when the heart muscle contracts).
Diastolic is the bottom number (the lower of the two numbers). It measures the pressure in the arteries between heartbeats (when the heart muscle is resting between beats and refilling with blood).
Typically more attention is given to the top number (the systolic blood pressure) as a major risk factor for cardiovascular disease for people over 50.
In most people, systolic blood pressure rises steadily with age due to increasing stiffness of large arteries, long-term build-up of plaque and increased incidence of cardiac and vascular disease. Blood pressure should normally be less than 120/80 mm Hg (less than 120 systolic AND less than 80 diastolic) for an adult age 20 or over.
If your blood pressure is normal, maintaining or adopting a healthy lifestyle can prevent or delay the onset of high blood pressure or other health problems. If your blood pressure isn’t normal, a healthy lifestyle, supplements or medication can help bring it under control and reduce your risk of life-threatening complications.
~ Nurse @ Innovative Directions in Health
Fibrocystic breast disease is often associated with relatively low progesterone in relation to estrogen. The best way to manage this would be to ister natural progesterone in natural ways. This could also decrease the risk of breast cancer. The usual prescription progesterone is artificial compound (not bio-identical) and can instead increase the risk of breast cancer and should be avoided. ~ Dr. M
Supplements that are useful in preserving and/or restoring the pathways of energy production in heart cells include: D-ribose, coenzyme Q-10 and L-carnitine. ~ Dr. Sinda
iS Clinical Moisturizing Complex
iS Clinical Moisturizing Complex is an ultra hydrating moisturizer that works to revive, heal and protect dry, damaged skin.
- Plumps up the skin with intense hydration and moisture
- Smooths and softens skin
- Reduces appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Protects skin with antioxidants and provides environmental protection
- No parabens. Safe for pregnant women.
- For all skin types
How to use:
Apply thin layer to entire face and neck morning and/or night. Best if used after anti-aging serums and before applying SPF, such as Intellishade 45 SPF.
- Centella Asiatica has healing properties and antioxidants to make your complexion look more youthful, hydrated and radiant.
- Nourishing and anti-aging ingredients including: Jojoba Oil, Glycerin, Soluble Collagen, Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid), Elastin, Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5), Wheat Germ Oil, Rosemary Extract, Elder Flower Extract, Retinol (Vitamin A), Alpha Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Green Tea Extract, Centella Asiatica, Ginseng Extract, Chamomile.
Ultra Indole-3-Carbinol (I3C)
Indole-3-carbinol (I3C) is found in cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, and Brussels sprouts. I3C functions as an antioxidant, stimulates natural detoxification enzymes and promotes healthy metabolism of estrogen. It also supports the function of healthy breast and cervical cells and has shown to support prostate cell metabolism.